23 March 2009

In Which Recycling Comes Back























I spent the past weekend with my Italian family, on a road trip for the first time since September. September! Since I've stayed in Torino on the weekends they went away, or I took off on my own weekend trips while they stayed in the city, the five of us were delighted to hit the open road all together again. This time it was to check out five prospective houses/properties in the Tuscan countryside and around the Ligurian coastline, as they hope to purchase a place to spend their summers. We stayed in a bed and breakfast with tiled floors and a view of the Mediterranean; where brown kiwis grew on shady, leafless vines. We ate fresh seafood, I drank too much wine, and we dumped sand out of our shoes at the end of the day.

If my age status were to be determined by the hour at which I got out of bed, with 7am being Kid and 9am being Adult, this weekend I was 100% Kid. The other two dozed off on my shoulders in the backseat of the car, and I chose gelato over coffee.

No comments: